Narrow down search of Lilypond documentation to English

From: Colin Tennyson
Subject: Narrow down search of Lilypond documentation to English
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 07:38:29 -0700 (MST)

For Lilypond the reference documentation is the one in english. Besides that
translated versions of the documenation are available (in various states of
completeness).

The Lilypond website uses a naming system:
Example:
English version:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/lilypond-command-index.html
German version:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/lilypond-command-index.de.html
Italian version:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/lilypond-command-index.it.html

As we know, this has huge consequences for the searchability of the site:
To search the Lilypond 2.18 documentation for entries with the string
"barnumbercheck" I enter in the Google search field:

barnumbercheck site:/lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation

Google then gives me search results from ALL the languages. For example, for
"barnumbercheck" the second search result is in Japanese.

Feature request:
Restructure the Lilypond documentation in such a way that it becomes
possible for Google to narrow down searches to a single language, in my case
english.

Out of sheer curiosity: how did it come about that the language versions of
the documenation are distinguished only by adding at the very end of the URL
the two-letter land code?

My best guess is that for many years a policy was in place to keep everyting
Lilypond in english only. After all, the Lilypond source code is in english,
so anyone who wants to create Lilypond files has to master english anyway.
Subsequent guess: at some point that policy was reverted, but by then it was
too late to accomodate different language versions in the Lilypond website
directory structure.
I'm eager to learn whether my guesses are correct.

Colin Tennyson