Re: musicxml2ly

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:49:01 -0700

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:20:56AM +0100, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> I am not a Mac user. But first thing I thought was: doesn't a Mac have a
> PATH variable like Linux and Windows have, where the long path to
> ...../bin can be added before having to type such long commands?

Also, like most UNIX OSes, OSX probably has an 'alias' command,
so those command-line params can also be specified once and then
not re-typed later:

PATH=${PATH}:/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly
alias musicxml2ly='musicxml2ly --nd --nrp --npl --no-beaming -m
--language=english'

for f in *.xml; do musicxml2ly $f; done