Scheme void function problems

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Scheme void function problems
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:17:33 +0100

Hello,

I’m experimenting with an implementation of automatic tagline language selection and currently have two problems with the void function \language that I adapted from music-functions-init.ly: – I can’t get the first, optional argument to work; it needs to be explicitly given or Lily will take the string as first argument – although it’s required to be a symbol. – The define in the second clause to cond doesn’t work: there are two errors due to output-language being an unbound variable.

Help! :-)
Simon

PS:
A short note on the intended design of the function: I want to achieve that
\language input "deutsch"
only sets the note names language,
\language output "deutsch"
only selects the german tagline and