Guitar chord mode no longer produces MIDI file with chords

From: David Bellows
Subject: Guitar chord mode no longer produces MIDI file with chords
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:08:40 -0700

In the versions of Lilypond I've used up through 2.19.16 when I would
compile the attached file the resulting MIDI file would play the
entire chord. With 2.19.17 now only the root note is played. I don't
really know where to look for this kind of information but I can't
tell if this is the new expected result or a bug. In any case I'd like
to get the full chords back if possible.

Thanks.