How to enter explicit voices for use in Staff and TabStaff?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: How to enter explicit voices for use in Staff and TabStaff?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 02:45:45 +0100

Hi all,

consider the following code:

\version "2.19.17"

mus =
\relative c'' {
    <<
      { \voiceOne c r c r }
      { \voiceTwo r a r a}

}

<<
\new Staff << \clef "G_8" \mus >>
\new TabStaff \mus

It returns some warnings.
Although it could be resolved using the <<{...}\\{...}>> construct,
let us think about how to use explicit voices.
Though, using \new Voice like:

mus =
\relative c'' {
    <<
      { \voiceOne c r c r }
      \new Voice { \voiceTwo r a r a}

}

<<
\new Staff << \clef "G_8" \mus >>
\new TabStaff \mus

ouputs an additional Staff, entering TabVoice would output an
additional TabStaff.
It's absolut clear to me why this happens, though how to code that
Staff _and_ TabStaff behave as wanted?
Best would be to have a neutral Bottom-context.
Though, I found no way to do it within LilyPond, best I can come up with is:

mus =
\relative c'' {
    <<
      { \voiceOne c r c r }
      %\new Voice { \voiceTwo r a r a}
      #(context-spec-music #{ \voiceTwo r a r a #} 'Bottom "foo")

}

<<
\new Staff << \clef "G_8" \mus >>
\new TabStaff \mus

Is there a better way to do it?
Or any chance to get a neutral 'Bottom-context for use with LilyPond-syntax?

Cheers,
  Harm