Re: How to recognize Voice-continuation?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: How to recognize Voice-continuation?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 06:07:29 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Any chance to have LilyPond identify the second voice-b as a
> continuation of the first?

This seems to be analogous to the way we need to keep the staff "alive"
when we temporarily leave a staff empty in piano music.

\new Staff <<
    \new Voice = "a" \with { \override NoteHead #'color = #green }
     s1*4
    \new Voice ="b" \with { \override NoteHead #'color = #red }
     s1*4
  \relative c' {
    \context Voice = "a"
    { \set tieWaitForNote = ##t c1~ }
    \context Voice = "b"
    { \set tieWaitForNote = ##t cis4 d dis e^~ }
    \context Voice = "a"
    { d2 c2 }
    \context Voice = "b"
    { f4 e fis g }