Re: cadenza_and_accidentals-take2

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: cadenza_and_accidentals-take2
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 10:49:49 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message -----

Yes, I have accidentals in the cadenza section.  As I stated, however, in the
final measure the cadenza has been ended and a bar line has been crossed so the
key signature is in full force again.  All accidentals from the previous
measure are now null and void.  Obviously, LilyPond is behaving the way it
does.  My point and question still stand:

POINT:
The documentation is not entirely clear on this issue.  It is not spelled out
when, precisely, the key signature/accidental rules are recognized as back in
force.

QUESTION:
How do I suppress the accidental on the cis in the final measure?

A related question is; why is it necessary to force the accidental on the dis
in the final measure?  I suspect it is for the same reason that the cis has the
accidental.

This somewhat more pared-down example illustrates what I mean:

%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

\score {
  \relative c' {
    \clef F
    \time 2/4
    \key a \major
  r4-\fermata cis4 ~
  \cadenzaOn
  cis8.-[ dis!16-] e4
  \teeny
  dis16-[ c-]
  \cadenzaOff %% CADENZA IS OFF
  \normalsize
  \bar "|" %% NEW MEASURE
  g8-[ e' dis! cis-] %% WHY IS CIS WITH ACCIDENTAL/HOW TO SUPPRESS?
%%%%%

> Also, when putting manual beaming, you have ‘-[‘ and ‘-]’ but you only need
> the square brackets. It does not mess anything up but it is a lot of extra
> typing.

I am aware of this.

-David