Re: Download link to "current devel" version

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Download link to "current devel" version
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:05:04 -0700

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:51:27AM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:

> Since the installers are all version specific (which I approve of: I keep
> them all separate in a single downloads directory) I don't believe you can
> link to a simple "development installer".  You would need to parse the
> download pages.

In the hopes that it will either meet your needs, or inspire
you to improve upon it, here is a script which does that.

usage:

foo.sh (architecture)

where (architecture) is one of:

linux-x86
linux-64
linux-ppc
freebsd-x86
freebsd-64
darwin-x86
darwin-ppc
mingw

The script parses the URL specified, and returns the first URL
which contains the string /lilypond/binaries/(architecture)/.

It uses a relatively simple approach, which might fail at some point
in the future, if the HTML at http://lilypond.org/development.html
were to change sufficiently, or if the directory structure at
linuxaudio.org were to change sufficiently.

HTH,

Jim