Re: Moving tuplet number

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Moving tuplet number
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:59:15 +1100

Gentlemen, Thank You!

Here’s a simplified example of the horizontal shift of the tuplet number that I want to achieve. The key to it is the understanding of the use of the X-extent property. Thank you so much for your help.

\version "2.19.17"

bass = \relative c {
  \time 1/4
  \clef bass

  \once \override TupletNumber.text = #tuplet-number::calc-fraction-text
  \once \override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
  \once \override TupletNumber.whiteout = ##t
  \override Score.TupletNumber.layer = #3
  \once \override TupletNumber.X-offset = #14
  \once \override TupletNumber.X-extent = #empty-interval
  \tuplet 7/8 { c32 bes c dis c d ees }
}

\score {
  \new Staff = \bass
}

The score I am engraving is a New Complexity school work, and the issue in the full context is to shift the tuplet number to avoid a messy collision in an extremely subtle score. This is an excellent solution for what I am doing.

I wonder if this would be a useful LSR snippet?

Andrew