Re: Displaying a staff despite \removeEmptyStaves

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Displaying a staff despite \removeEmptyStaves
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 23:50:22 +0200

Am 05.04.2015 um 23:38 schrieb Anton Curl:
On 05/04/2015 21:58, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
You need to add multi-measure-rest-interface to the keepAliveInterfaces for that staff.

Here are the two bits of syntactic sugar I use:

showMMRs = {
   \set Staff.keepAliveInterfaces =
     #'( rhythmic-grob-interface
         multi-measure-rest-interface
         lyric-interface
         stanza-number-interface
         percent-repeat-interface) }
hideMMRs = \unset Staff.keepAliveInterfaces

So put a \showMMRs in your music expression at the point where you want to force that Staff context to appear (despite having \RemoveEmptyStaves active), and put a \hideMMRs when you want it to return to “default” (i.e., the Staff will disappear, if possible).

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
_______________________

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>
email:  address@hidden

Thanks for the reply!

Your solution works with R1*4 for example, but not with s1*4.

I assume I have to add an *-interface, but I can't find which.

Do you really need to write spacer rests in such staves? Usually you would enter MultiMeasureRests when instruments are pausing and let LilyPond remove the staves automatically if appropriate. In that case Kieren's solution should work also for you.

HTH
Urs

Anton Curl