Re: Score Layout, several questions

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Score Layout, several questions
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:50:05 +0200

oh, heavens! I'm sorry, I didn't mean I was trying to reproduce them (and yes, that's what I meant about the score: it looks like that, though with oval noteheads. Just figuring out what printing technology they were using would be interesting to me. I wonder if they were deliberately using older types because of the liturgical nature of the material). I just meant it's interesting work transcribing it into modern notation. No, I do intend for the score to be a fully modern edition.

Anyway, no, I didn't mean to imply I actually wanted to reproduce that notation. Just that it's fun (?) to read.

Thanks for the tips on Beam.damping. I'll fiddle around with it.