Staff ends before \clef, \time and \key

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Staff ends before \clef, \time and \key
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 21:04:22 +0200

Hi all,
It's been quite a while since I last used LilyPond, and I finally decided to wrap up the last, huge edition I was working on for quite a while.

Here is the first issue I'm running into:
If I end a piece with a \bar "||" and after that only want to indicate a key/clef/time change, the staff lines stop with the bar line. A typical use case is in a work with multiple movements to indicate "attacca" to the next movement, which is written as a separate \score. Minimal example:

\version "2.19.19"
\relative c'' {
  c4 a b c
  \bar"||"
  \key f \major \time 3/4
}

Output PDF is attached.

Any idea how to keep the staff lines alive until the key/time/clef change?

Thanks,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com/
 * Open Tools, Software Development, http://www.open-tools.net/