documenting public Scheme functions

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: documenting public Scheme functions
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 18:53:49 -0500

Hi list,

Here's something which I think will be useful to Schemers.

Public functions written in Scheme aren't documented (except in the source).  (The list of "Scheme functions" in the Internals Reference consists of functions defined in C++ which are available in Scheme.)  The attached will produce a list of all such functions, giving useful information including a documentation string where provided.  Markup functions (which are documented elsewhere in their Lily syntax -- i.e., \rest for rest-markup -- can be omitted.)  You can also list the contents of other modules.

It would be nice to include the source-file in the output, in case someone wants to see the code.  How could I get at that info?

Also, "pure-unpure-containers"  aren't caught at this point.  How can I get their docstrings?

Hope this proves useful!

David