Re: how to prevent natural sign?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: how to prevent natural sign?
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 09:25:02 -0500

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:21 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Jinsong Zhao <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there,

I don't want the natural sign to be displayed. However, I don't find a way to do so.

Many thanks!

Regards,
Jinsong

\version "2.19.18"
\relative c'' {
  \clef "treble"
% \set Staff.extraNatural = ##f
 r4 < g bes > r < g b >
}

You could do something like:

\version "2.19.17"
\relative c'' {
  \clef "treble"
  % \set Staff.extraNatural = ##f
  r4 < g bes > r \once \omit Accidental < g  b >
}

However, I wonder if you doing this as part of a more contemporary accidental style.  In that case, you should see:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals

Though the question is whether the second note on the third staff line is meant to be a B-flat, and thus wouldn't require a flat in ordinary notation...  In that case you need to write bes again instead of b.

David