Re: Problem with \break command

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Problem with \break command
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 08:24:15 -0700 (MST)

Peter,

Here's what I've done that works nicely, but requires a slight manual intervention (changes/additions in BOLD):

1. DON'T remove Bar_engraver because Clefs can only be printed after a bar line (even an invisible one, like with \bar "")
2. Set Timing.defaultBarType = "" which correctly keeps the hidden barline from taking up space, but still allows clefs to be printed at the beginning of each system
3. Manually put \bar "" before each \break or \pageBreak since you are ALWAYS mid-measure without barlines. I usually put this in my own variable like myBreak = { \bar "" \break } to keep typing to a minimum.

%<---------- SNIP ----------

\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\layout {