Re: Figured bass: "blank" extender

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Figured bass: "blank" extender
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 08:26:47 +0100

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 23:59 -0700, flup2 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to achieve this result:
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n174360/figured_543.png>
>
> The problem is to have the "3" at the same height of the 4, but blank space
> above it.

Hmm, curiously Denemo gives this as the default, I attach the LilyPond
output from which you can extract the relevant bit. I suspect the reason
is that Denemo generates the figure bass *above* the music bobbing along
with the heights of the notes, which was the normal style for 18th c
prints. LilyPond generates 19th c style figured bass, which is not so
easy to play from (which no longer mattered in the 19th c as it was just
an academic thing by then).

Richard