Re: Custom noteheads stem alignment

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Custom noteheads stem alignment
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:35:58 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Here is my very first attempt at making custom noteheads. The shape is what we desire, but there are two questions that I have.

1. How does one achieve an elliptical counter in unfilled notes? I know how to do this in Postscript, but not here.

Sorry, I don't understand the question. :(

2. How can the stem alignment be corrected in the chord situation illustrated?

I can't test anything right now but what I can tell is that changing the 'stem-attachement' won't solve anything.
Since you're using 'rotate', the grob width remain as if the ellipse was horizontal; So all you have to do is giving the proper dimensions of the rotated note head.

Hope that helps a bit,
Cheers,
Pierre