Re: centering different time signatures

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: centering different time signatures
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:58:48 -0400

Hi Simon,

> I couldn’t carry it out, but what about the following approach: Create a
> music function to add \times before /every/ bar, add that function to
> toplevel-music-functions, \omit them except for the first, and use
> \once\override TimeSignature.stencil = #ly:time-signature::print for the bar
> concerned? Just an idea.

That might work…

But doesn’t it seem to you (as it does to me) that this is an awful lot of work
to simply force visibility of a grob? I would rather have a new property added
to grob-interface, say #’force-visibility (unset or ##f by defaul), which if
##t would override all other commands and properties (e.g., a previous \hide or
#’break-visibility setting or #’stencil hack) and simply force the grob to
appear. A shortcut could be \show or \force, which would be \override
Grob.force-visibility = ##t.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Kieren.