Re: Printing shortInstrumentName only when Staff reappears

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Printing shortInstrumentName only when Staff reappears
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:18:06 -0400

Hi Calixte (which, by the way, is a wonderful name!),

> Using \RemoveEmptyStaves, is there a way to print the shortInstrumentName
> only when a Staff reappears.

+1

> To go further, is there a way to know when a Staff reappears, and then add a
> markup with the InstrumentName instead of shortInstrumentName?
> I’d like to automate what it used to be in vocal scores: see this example for
> the mezzo-sopran staff.

I don’t know of a way to automate this currently, but it would be a great
feature. There are also similar issues related to \partcombine (e.g., it would
be nice to have the shortInstrumentName and/or markup appear at the beginning
of each system) — perhaps it could all be handled together by some magic
engraver?

Sorry I don’t have a solution… only a “me, too”. Good luck!

Best regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>