Note-by-number with font override

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Note-by-number with font override
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 00:13:44 +1000

If I attempt to change the font (to anything other than the default) for TextScript, with, for example;

\override TextScript.font-name = "Linux Biolinum O”

when using notes for tempo markings such as

^\markup { \smaller \note-by-number #8 #0 #0.8 = 48 }

I get a cascade of the following errors:

warning: Found infinity or nan in output.  Substituting 0.0

and the note disappears while the rest of the markup prints. I understand \note and \note-by-number get the note glyph information from the Feta font, but how can we make those functions do that with a different TextScript font?

This was discussed in relation to LilyJazz on the list in 2013, but I have not yet been able to find a general solution.

It’s not just that particular font given in the example, it appears to be any font.

Using 2.19.18.

Andrew