Re: Any current MusicXML questions/issues/suggestions?

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Any current MusicXML questions/issues/suggestions?
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 16:47:45 +0200

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:53:18 +0200 (CEST)
Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Compared to other opensource projects like MuseScore and Willem Vree's
> abc2xml/xml2abc LilyPond's MusicXML import/export-support is far
> behind.

I'm not sure if this is the right time/place/thread, but I think it would
be easier to have a kind of MusicXML-Light that only contains information
about notes and lyrics but does not have all the technical details about
breaks and placements. The reason we (I, at least) want to be able to import
music data from (e.g.) Sibelius into LilyPond is to have LP do the superior
typesetting.

-- Johan