Re: New install issue

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: New install issue
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:37:12 +0100

Hi Lance

I'm probably not the best person to help as I don't have Windows 7, but here's a couple of things that might help.

First, LilyPond is correctly installed.

Running test.ly from within Program Files will not work as you expect, as under Windows Program Files is protected.  Files created there by an application are saved within AppData under your user ID, I believe.

I don't think the installation procedure sets the Path variable to point to the executable.  As you're familiar with the command prompt you may be also familiar with setting the Path variable.  Try echo %PATH% to see if it includes the path to ...\LilyPond\usr\bin.  Once this is set you can compile a file from anywhere using the command prompt.

Finally, if you want to use LilyPond (rather than just test it out briefly) you will find it much easier to use the Frescobaldi editor, which is specifically tailored for LilyPond.  You can find it here: http://www.frescobaldi.org/

Good luck!

Trevor