Replacing TupletBracket with Slur

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Replacing TupletBracket with Slur
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:13:16 +0200

Hi,

I know this has been asked before, but the solutions I found don't seem to work for me.

I've got this beautiful example with "slurred" tuplet brackets that you can see attached. But actually the file \omit-s the TupletBracket and writes an explicit slur instead.

However, I'd like to make this exchange part of the stylesheet because it should by default look like this, and it's inacceptable to require the user to enter slurs manually because
- it's semantically incorrect
- it's inconvenient
- it prevents regular slurs to be active at the same time.

I thought this was the way to go:
\override TupletBracket.stencil = #ly:slur::print

But with that no bracket is printed at all (2.19.18)

Is there anything else that I should do?

Urs