Re: Windows performance

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Windows performance
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:28:35 +0100

Phil Holmes wrote Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:00 PM

> The performance of LilyPond 2.19.18 on Windows is _much_ better than
> previous versions.  Some examples:
>
> A 26 page multi-score piece I've been working on:
> 2.19.16: 114s to compile
> 2.19.18: 52s
... [etc]

That's remarkable.  I can see no change between 2.19.16
and 2.19.18 that might account for this enormous change.
The only effect of this magnitude which I've seen in the
past is to do with setting up the font library when LP
is run for the first time.  But that would be an increase.

Any chance your 2.19.18 is using a different hard disk,
an SSD maybe, which the others weren't?

Trevor