Re: Survey: Large scores

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Survey: Large scores
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:54:43 -0400

Hi Urs (et al.),

> I'd like to have an idea how many people have already or are regularly
> dealing with "big” scores

I am regularly dealing with what I would consider “big” scores: for example,
the Piano/Conductor scores of my musicals usually run over 100 pages.

> maybe I'd like to know what might be the biggest score anyone has
> successfully created with LilyPond.

I think my records so far are
    Vertically: 57 staves (x 200 measures; the french-ed score was 24 tabloid
pages)
    Horizontally: 112 pages (the Piano/Conductor score to a recent, shorter
version of “Robin Hood”); the full score would be larger, of course, but I’ve
only generated them movement-by-movement so far (for extra-Lilypond reasons).

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>