Re: (hypothetical) Availability of LilyPond engravers

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: (hypothetical) Availability of LilyPond engravers
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:16:29 -0700

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I should be asked to engrave a big score (as fast as possible) in a
> commercial context and wouldn't want to reply "well, I will ask around and
> see how many people I can get together", what could I say? Would it be
> realistic to say that we could (at any time) provide a team of 10 quailfied
> engravers working full time on a project? Or 15-20 working half time?
> And what if it were a request for continuous work? Is it realistic to say
> there are always enough engravers at hand to accept work?

Considering the public responses there seems to be quite a few people
qualified and able. We'll see if you get 20 responses. The liedboek
team did sometime similar. They may have good insights.

> I feel that one aspect that makes publishers hesitate to consider LilyPond
> is exactly this question: They know that there will always be a sufficient
> number of available and qualified Finale and Sibelius users, and presumably
> even Score users, but they don't have an idea about this with LilyPond.
>
> Any opinions or estimates?

Sounds like a great idea. I'd be very willing, though I most likely
wouldn't be able to work full time.

----Jay