Re: undefined

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: undefined
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:20:16 +0200

Am 17.04.2015 um 11:15 schrieb Orm Finnendahl:
Am Freitag, den 17. April 2015 um 11:05:00 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Calixte Faure:
Hi everyone!

Traditionally, vocal scores are written without beams, except for melisma.
But modern scores tend to keep beams everywhere and put slurs to indicate
melisma.

Is it possible to have both output with one source, without complicating
the typesetting?

I have this in mind :
vocal = \relative c'{
   c4 d8 e f[ g] a4
}
and a magic command (say \beamToSlur) would switch [ ] to ( ).
  this would probably be rather trivial with a shell script acting as a
filter (using "sed" for example). I would argue this is the place
where this should get handled. I don't know about your lilypond setup,
operating system and skills, but it shouldn't be too complicated to
implement.

Without having a solution at hand I would say that I wouldn't approach this by modifying the input file but would prefer finding a solution where I can have a switch somewhere that can be commented out (e.g. #(define melisma-style 'beam)) to switch the behaviour.

Urs

--
Orm