Re: Windows performance

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Windows performance
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 16:07:55 +0100

> Phil Holmes wrote Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:43 PM

Further to this, I first established that the speed-up on Windows happened
between 2.19.17 and 2.19.18.  One possibly relevant change between those two
releases was the move from gs 8.70 to gs 9.15.  This increased the size of
usr/bin from 49.2Mb to 58.1Mb, virtually all of the increase being in the three
gs files, so this looks like a pretty significant upgrade.  Checking the
GhostScript website for release 9 suggests it includes performance improvements
and major changes to font handling.  This looks a possible candidate, installed
courtesy of Masamichi HOSODA-san.  If so, yet more thanks and kudos to you,
Masamichi! But wouldn't this show a speed-up on systems other than Windows?

Trevor