Re: Windows performance

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Windows performance
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:29:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015, Paul Morris wrote:

 Hi Trevor,

> On Apr 18, 2015, at 11:07 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> > wrote: > > But wouldn't this show a speed-up on systems other than Windows?

 There are similar speed-ups on macs (see earlier in this thread).  I don’t
 think we’ve had anyone corroborate the results on GNU/Linux yet.

 Thanks for looking into this and tracing it to GhostScript as the likely
 candidate.  And thanks to Masamichi HOSODA for the upgrade!

I have done only minor testing with 2.19.18 and 2.18.2 on Linux but using Ghostscript 9.15 on Fedora 21 with both versions. (I built my own rpm packages) I can only see a small speed improvement, not the huge improvement that is reported in this thread. So it could well be the new Ghostscript that brings the improvement.

Just a wild guess: did anyone on Windows try the same speed comparison using the --ps option instead of pdf output?

--

MT