Re: Paper size survey

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: Paper size survey
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:26:49 +0200

Hi,

 for the orchestra parts I used B4 portrait. Orchestra musicians love
this format as this fits well on a music stand (A3 is too big) and
fits more music than A4 (less page turns). I also used thicker paper
(120 g/m2) and a special binding method (glue and tape) to make the
pages stay open and page turns less noisy.

The score was A2, but it was extremely difficult to find companies
which still have machines to print two-sided A2 in low volumes. I
ended up asking Schott publishers where they printed their large
format scores and they told me the print shop they're using.

--
Orm