Re: Survey: Large scores

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: Survey: Large scores
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:59:47 +0200

Hi,

 this is the way how I finally had to do it in my piece, but
unfortunately this method doesn't work very well in orchestra parts
where instruments are changed (like Clarinets changing between Eb, Bb
and Bassclarinet, or French Horns changing from G-Clef to F-Clef) as
you either have to compensate for the transposition (which means you
have to be aware of the context, an instrument change is happening
in), or to not wrap the whole part in the transpose statement, but the
sections with the individual instruments.

Especially if you split the music into multiple sections this is
asking for trouble as you either have to live with dangling open
braces between sections or restate an instrument change which already
has happened.

--
Orm