Re: Jianpu Notation

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: Jianpu Notation
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 17:34:41 +0000 (UTC)

Paul,

Thank you for your jianpu3.ly

I try to use it in key D   the score display correctly, but the jianpu display differently.  I don't know scheme. I am hoping in your spare time you can update it.  Very much appreciated.

Immanuel,
Ming

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:06 AM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Ming,

> On Apr 19, 2015, at 8:22 PM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It is terrific. Now only one input of notes is generating Voice Staff for jianpu notation and new Staff for music score.  Thank you.
>
> I try to put  r8  r16  r32 and I got the following error:
> Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.17 [sample_jianpu2.ly]...
> Processing `K:/sample_lily-code/sample_jianpu2.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...[8]
> warning: type check for `stencil' failed; value `#<unspecified>' must be of type `stencil'
> fatal error: typecheck failed
> Exited with return code 1.

Thanks for catching this.  I’ve fixed it in the next version (jianpu3), attached to my other message.

> Thank you again for making this possible. I have been waiting this for years, since v2.12.  Silas's and David's solution require to code twice - one for jianpu and one for music score.  Your is only one input and straight forward. Excellent.

Glad I could help!  I’m sure it’s not yet as mature or complete as Silas’s approach, but it can be improved and refined over time.

Cheers,

-Paul