Re: Do we really offer the future?

From: Calixte Faure
Subject: Re: Do we really offer the future?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:26:04 +0200

Someone spoke of python being able to translate between parallel and non-parallel music. Wouldn’t it be great to have a tool where you could:
    1. Say “Given the current Lilypond file being outputted, show me ‘in parallel’ [whatever that means] all the code that’s involved.”
    2. Edit the music "in parallel” [whatever that means].
    3. Say [if necessary] “Return this parallel-edited code back to its distributed source location."
Then we’d really be talking.

Perhaps that’s exactly what GridLY does with new [read: properly structured] projects…?
But this kind of thing will only be truly game-changing if it works on existing projects, with essentially no setup or programmer overhead, and without forcing structural requirements onto the user/programmer.

Or have a script/feature/tool that automatically counts measures : it would be able to put bar numbers in comment, and with another script we could say delete/comment/whatever measure n to m.

Calixte.