Re: Jianpu Notation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Jianpu Notation
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 06:55:50 +0200 (CEST)

>>Ok, the problem was that your music file was for LilyPond 2.19 and
>>jianpu3.ly only works with 2.18.
>
> Have you proposed adding this to LilyPond?  It seems like this would
> be a promising thing to add to the core, since it's another standard
> notation.

But it's still *far* away from the look of normal jianpu notation as
used e.g. for the Erhu in Taiwan.  Attached you can find a typical
example, created with the a1soft program, together with a
`translation' to lilypond.

Note that I don't say that the output of a1soft program is optimal
compared to manually printed jianpu scores.  But lilypond's output is
still too different.

[And sorry, I currently don't have access to my erhu music book right
now to show a scan of a manually printed jianpu page.]

    Werner

PNG image

PNG image