Re: Jianpu Notation

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Jianpu Notation
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 01:20:17 -0400

Hi Carl,

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 12:24 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 4/22/15 8:59 PM, "Paul Morris" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> P.S. In case anyone is wondering, in 2.18 the context property
>> łkeySignature" becomes łkeyAlterations" in 2.19.  I believe this was to
>> prevent confusion with the łKeySignature" grob.
>
> If your code has version strings, convert-ly should automatically update
> it.

That’s good, but in order to have it work with both 2.18 and 2.19 I used a bit
of a quick hack/workaround.

Since trying ly:context-property with a non-existent property returns an empty
list ‘() which is also a valid value for this context property (c major / a
minor), it seems there’s no real way to check for the existence of this context
property.  So my code checks one first, if it returns ‘() it also check the
other, and that covers all possible cases.

Better would be to have some code for checking the LilyPond version (like in
openLilyLib).  But I was going for speed in this case.

-Paul