Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 149, Issue 155

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 149, Issue 155
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:58:05 +0200

Am 22.04.2015 um 23:25 schrieb Flaming Hakama by Elaine:

> My problem is that too much of it is written like the following response
> from Elaine, which looks like Pprogrammers Only Need Apply.

There is no getting around the fact that lilypond is a programming language.  I don't see how to bridge that gap except with GUIs.  Even then, the GUI would have different docs than the language.

This is probably no consolation, but it makes me feel frustrated as a professional programmer that after years of using lilypond, I still have very little clue how it works and more often than I care to recognize makes me call my own competence into question.
Harald Christiansen asked a similar question here <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-04/msg00198.html> – perhaps the thread may be helpful.

Yours, Simon