Re: Cross staff beaming warning

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Cross staff beaming warning
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:48:38 +0200

Hi Andrew,

If it happens only once, simply add:

%% suppress warning :
#(ly:set-option 'warning-as-error #f)
#(ly:expect-warning (_ "weird stem size, check for narrow beams"))

before the score bloc.
Hope I understood you well, HTH too,
Cheers,
Pierre

Greetings Ponderers,

In relation to cross staff beaming, referring to the attached image snippet, bar A is what I want (no, this is not Common Practice Era engraving), but the lilypond compiler issues the following warning:

warning: weird stem size, check for narrow beams

Bar B compiles cleanly.

Although it is only a warning, it spoils my otherwise clean output log and I don’t want to see it. How can this class of error be suppressed in the output log?

Andrew