Re: Jianpu Notation

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: Jianpu Notation
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:41:29 +0000 (UTC)

Good morning Paul,

Thank you very much for you jianpu4.ly.

I run your jianpu-test.ly and sportted one note not the same in key C and key D.  The 2nd note on third measure - a dot below the horizontal bar is missing in key D.

I appreciate very much that you to take time and patient working out jianpu notation.

Immanuel,
Ming

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:59 PM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Ming,

> On Apr 22, 2015, at 1:34 PM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you for your jianpu3.ly
>
> I try to use it in key D  the score display correctly, but the jianpu display differently.  I don't know scheme. I am hoping in your spare time you can update it.  Very much appreciated.

Ok, the problem was that your music file was for LilyPond 2.19 and jianpu3.ly only works with 2.18.

Attached is jianpu4.ly which works with either 2.18 or 2.19.  It also creates a custom Staff context called “StaffJianpu" so you can just write:

\new StaffJianpu {
  % music etc. goes here just like
  % with the standard Staff context
}

jianpu4.ly is ready to be included in files.  (Feel free to rename it if you like.)  I moved the test music to jianpu-test.ly.  I’m also attaching a new version of your music file.

HTH,

-Paul

P.S. In case anyone is wondering, in 2.18 the context property “keySignature" becomes “keyAlterations" in 2.19.  I believe this was to prevent confusion with the “KeySignature" grob.