Re: How do new users feel about LilyPond's documentation?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How do new users feel about LilyPond's documentation?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:02:51 -0400

Hi Thomas (et al.),

> I wanted to make a score for Guitar with tab but I do not find
> an example in the documentation that is for an newbie readable
[…]
> one file so that people can copy and past it, press engrave button and it
> works

Sounds to me like you’re asking for a well-commented template, not a real "Best
Practices" guide/documentation (which is so much more than a single file to
copy and paste). I think will be better handled by the openLilyLib template
(and stylesheet) system that Urs and I have been brainstorming/developing. Of
course, there can (and should) be links and synchronization between those two
things.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer