Re: Standard LilyPond score structure (Was: How do new users feel about

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Standard LilyPond score structure (Was: How do new users feel about LilyPond's documentation?)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:00:31 -0700

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 09:32:56AM +0200, Simon Albrecht wrote:
> Am 23.04.2015 um 04:39 schrieb H. S. Teoh:
> >I even apply this structure to long rests -- instead of R1*50 (or
> >however many bars it is), I break it up into groups under passage
> >labels, and within each passage label groups of R1*4 or R1*8 or some
> >multiple thereof, separated by blank lines.
>
> Just a side note: this doesn’t work with \compressFullBarRests, that’s
> why I don’t do it.
[...]

Actually I am well aware of this. However, thanks to one Shevek from the
mailing list archives, I found a Scheme function that combines multibar
rests even when they are split in the manner described above. I'm
currently using it to generate parts, and it works very well!

If you're interested, drop me a line and I'll send you the file.

English has the lovely word "defenestrate", meaning "to execute by throwing
someone out a window", or more recently "to remove Windows from a computer and
replace it with something useful". :-) -- John Cowan