Re: Jianpu Notation

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Jianpu Notation
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:11:36 -0400

Hi Ming,

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 7:41 AM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Good morning Paul,
>
> Thank you very much for you jianpu4.ly.
>
> I run your jianpu-test.ly and sportted one note not the same in key C and key
> D.  The 2nd note on third measure - a dot below the horizontal bar is missing
> in key D.

Good catch.  I see now that the octave dots in Jianpu are not based on the
absolute octave of the note but are relative to the current key / key
signature.  In other words, the Jianpu octave increases between 7 and 1, and
not between b and c.

Attached is a new version jianpu5.ly that gets the octave dots right.  Let me
know if you see anything else that’s not correct.

I have also changed the name of the custom staff context to JianpuStaff to
match the other staff contexts in LilyPond.  (Although I have a slight
preference for having it the other way around, consistency is good.)

Thanks for your appreciation!

-Paul