Re: mutopia's shortcomings

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: mutopia's shortcomings
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:35:42 +0200

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:01:29 -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Simon,

You forgot the quality of sheets: a (really) digital PDF will always look better than a scanned PDF.
I think it depends: firstly, many IMSLP scores are on a level of typographical quality which – I’m sorry – Lilypond might never reach.

+1000

Why do use LilyPond then?
Or: Doesn't your appreciation need a more specific context?
Like: LilyPond might never reach [that] level of typographical quality *without human tweaking*.

Gilles

[...]