Re: Fixing overlapping notation

From: Anthonys Lists
Subject: Re: Fixing overlapping notation
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 22:00:39 +0100

On 24/04/2015 20:23, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Please give us (code, eventually output) examples, else it’s difficult to get your point.
Yours, Simon

pdf and relevant lily code attached. I know it's not compilable, but it's a fairly simple problem - look at the markup next to the seven bars rest at the segno - if the rest was wider the markup would lie flat.

And then just before the trio, the second time bar and the coda sign collide. If I could work out how to shorten the spanner the coda could drop and that would all be as it should be. (You can see the commented out attempts I made as per the docu and lsr stuff I found. Maybe it should have worked and didn't because I didn't do it right. Unfortunately the example was "how to shorten the spanner to one bar" and my spanner is one bar long ... so I had to try tweaking it without actually understanding what it was doing ...)

Cheers,
Wol