Re: Fixing overlapping notation

From: Anthonys Lists
Subject: Re: Fixing overlapping notation
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:29:23 +0100

On 25/04/2015 00:00, Anthonys Lists wrote:
On 24/04/2015 23:48, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Wol,

Hope this helps!
It has!
So now I hope you see that Lilypond is *EXCELLENT* at handling collisions, if you simply correctly instruct her to do so. =)

Cheers,
Kieren.

:-)

Yup. It's just finding out how to do that :-)

(or at least I hope so. The second text is now in the wrong place, but I suspect once I get it justified right, it'll still be fine collision-wise.)
I SPOKE TOO SOON

I know have vertically stacked text once again !!! :-( :-( :-(

How do I justify markup against a note? By default it's right justified and \right-align etc all seem to justify text WITHIN a markup. They don't justifty the markup itself against the note anchor! (And of course, when I search the docu and lsr, they point me at \mark or \right-align and friends !!! :-(

It seems the only way to do it is to use a mark, where you can't get collisions because you can't have multiple marks! And your lovely tweak just doesn't work stopping a mark from colliding with a markup :-(

Cheers,
Wol