Re: Fixing overlapping notation

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Fixing overlapping notation
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 01:44:53 +0200

> On 25/04/2015 00:00, Anthonys Lists wrote:
>>
>> On 24/04/2015 23:48, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Wol,

>>> So now I hope you see that Lilypond is *EXCELLENT* at handling
>>> collisions, if you simply correctly instruct her to do so.  =)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Kieren.
>>> ________________________________
>>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Yup. It's just finding out how to do that :-)
>>
>> (or at least I hope so. The second text is now in the wrong place, but I
>> suspect once I get it justified right, it'll still be fine collision-wise.)
>
> I SPOKE TOO SOON
>
> I know have vertically stacked text once again !!! :-( :-( :-(
>
> How do I justify markup against a note? By default it's right justified and
> \right-align etc all seem to justify text WITHIN a markup. They don't
> justifty the markup itself against the note anchor! (And of course, when I
> search the docu and lsr, they point me at \mark or \right-align and friends
> !!! :-(
>
> It seems the only way to do it is to use a mark, where you can't get
> collisions because you can't have multiple marks! And your lovely tweak just
> doesn't work stopping a mark from colliding with a markup :-(
>

> Cheers,
> Wol

Play around with:

{
    \set Staff.instrumentName = "default "
    R1
    \mark "REHEARSALMARK"
    c4
    <>^"TEXTSCRIPT"
    c2.
}

{
    \set Staff.instrumentName = "tweaked "
    R1
    \once
    \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
    \markLengthOn
    \mark "REHEARSALMARK"
    c4
    \override Score.TextScript.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
    \textLengthOn
    <>^"TEXTSCRIPT"
    c2.

  Harm