Re: Concepts that may be missing (or are at least hidden) in LilyPond

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Concepts that may be missing (or are at least hidden) in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:40:58 +0200

Hi there,

after just reading all these important threads partially, I want to jump in. I want to encourage Urs' position - and if I understand correctly, Carl does not object ;)
The lilypond way of working made it easy for me, to spot errors in a score I received as musicXML. There where several partial bars, which where actually not right. And Lilypond gave the right warnings.

When I am back into lily-business, I want to extend the edition-engraver to do act on the content. Say, I want to add a crescendo in Context X from measure 27 3. 4th to measure 29 2. 4th or the like. Other topics are beaming, slurs, ties and so on (it should be doable ;) ).

But there is still one aspect missing: If I want to delete measure X from all parts of a score, I am adviced to organize my code carefully before that. So IMO this might be a topic rather for documentation than for an additional feature.

Cheers, Jan-Peter