Re: mutopia's shortcomings

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: mutopia's shortcomings
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:02:38 -0400

Hi Gilles,

> This seemed great

It *is* great — trust me.  =)

> I looked for it in the documentation; and did not find it…

Hopefully someday you will.

>> it does not make sense to improve the maintainability of a large
>> set of scores by relying on a functionality that has to be adapted
>> manually in future and thus produces more manual interventions.
>
> Indeed.

It also doesn’t make sense to feed a self-fueling spiral of wider
non-acceptance by actively avoiding the use of a tool as game-changing as the
edition-engraver. Instead, why not download it (from OLL), try it out, and — if
it proves as beneficial to you as it is to some of us — help try to get it
polished and accepted into the standard Lilypond distro?

Just a “glass half-full” thought amongst this mostly “glass half-empty” thread.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info