getting involved with LilyPond (was: Do we really offer the future?)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: getting involved with LilyPond (was: Do we really offer the future?)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:28:38 +0200

Hi Kevin,

> On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 13:06 -0500, David Nalesnik wrote:
>> (Please take this as a plea for more help with the project!  It is not
>> intended to downplay the efforts by the contributors to this thread.)
>
> Hi David and others,
>
> as a old hobby I programmed with VS. I use Linux and through Fedora I
> found Lilypond. Although at the moment I have no time for programming I
> will hope to change things in the future. As a prospective future
> contributor to code for Lilypond is it easy enough to start with QT4
> using their free open source licensing model or what direction would you
> suggest. I really like Vim but am not anywhere near a power user yet.

In that case I definitely recommend you to use an IDE like QtCreator
(I have used it myself for LilyPond work), it will make your life much
easier.

Anyway, it would be great to see you contributing!  I've just returned
to LilyPond after a long break and I'm interested in helping other
people getting involved.  If you'd like some general help/guidance,
let me know and I'll do what I can.

best,
Janek