Re: Creating LilyPond Object Models

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Creating LilyPond Object Models
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:52:57 +0200

Am 27.04.2015 um 23:24 schrieb Paul Morris:
Hi Urs,

It was inspired mostly by Carl’s post and working on Jianpu notation.  A
tutorial on this is not a bad idea.  That said:

(1) it would benefit from fitting into, or coming after, a broader overview of
LilyPond like Carl has written

(2) it sounds like the way we create scheme engravers may change in the near
future (based on David Kastrup’s post from earlier today) so probably best to
wait until after that

(3) it might be good to add some more documentation of this to the official
extending manual first.

For now maybe I’ll just add my example with comments to the LSR as a quick
temporary measure.

All agreed
Urs

Cheers,