Re: How to determine if a font is a fallback font?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: How to determine if a font is a fallback font?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:38:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Is there a function to retrieve the "font name" from a given file
> name?  It would be a viable approach if I could compare the result
> of that request with the original font name.

For TTFs and TTCs (either with TrueType outlines or embedded CFFs) you
can use `ly:ttf-ps-name'.

Looking into lilypond's code, however, I don't see why this shouldn't
work for Type1 fonts (or even pure CFFs) also.  It's worth a try – and
if it works, we should provide an alias name for `ly:ttf-ps-name'.

    Werner